How To Find The Best Espresso Machine With Gaggia Accademia Reviews
Are you an avid coffee enthusiast? Do you rely on a fresh cup of coffee to energize your brain and kick-start your motivation? Coffee in its simplest form is pretty great on its own, but you can also take it to the next level with a high-powered, dynamic and easy-to-use coffee machine.
I don’t just mean your average coffee maker. I’m talking about an advanced espresso making machine with interactive technological features for maximum coffee enjoyment. Interested? Start checking out Gaggia Accademia reviews!
What is a Coffee Espresso Machine and Why Should I Be Interested?
A coffee espresso machine is a revolutionary tool that brings the deliciousness of coffee shop espresso into the comfort of your home. You are now a barista with the ability to get creative and produce decadent drinks as much as you’d like!
Espresso is made through a process involving the pressure of water as it’s forced to flow through coffee grinds, creating a thick and foamy hot drink that is rich in coffee flavor. For some interesting history about espresso, check out this documentary.
Coffee espresso machines aren’t cheap. Higher end models can run upwards of $1500 or more. However, if you frequently buy coffee at a café or drive-through, a coffee espresso machine can actually save you money in the long run.
Check out this interactive graphic from the President and Fellows of Harvard College. According to 2010 national coffee drinking trends, Americans spend $40 billion on coffee each year at about $2.45 per cup for an espresso-based drink.
This doesn’t even consider the price it takes to drive to the shop, leave a tip and add any extras to your drink. If you passionately drink coffee every day, it may be worth investing in an espresso machine that allows you to:
- Choose your own coffee grounds (perfect if you love specific brands or types that are not available in most shops).
- Brew a large amount of coffee at once.
- Control and customize outputs for espresso, hot water and milk.
- Select your beverage of choice with the push of a button.
- Choose from a huge variety of drink types.
- Make rich, hot drinks that are higher quality than mixing powders
How Does a Coffee Espresso Machine Work?
Coffee espresso machines will vary greatly by brand and individual product features. You’ll need to do a fair amount of research to figure out which one is best for you. Don’t worry! There are some specific qualities you can look for to determine whether or not the machine is right for your life style. There are three main types you should know about:
- Hand-pump. These machines will have a manual lever used to squeeze water through the grounds of coffee. This is a process that some people enjoy because it’s more intimate.
- Stove-top or steam-powered. The espresso is made using a combination of steam and pressure. These are generally considered simple, easy and cheap when compared with other types of machines.
- Automatic. Automatic espresso machines, which we’ll be focusing on in this article, can be operated with a digital interface. The machine is built to bring you fresh coffee quickly and easily without much effort.
For a more detailed guide to the different types of coffee espresso machines, check out more from EspressoMachineReview.net.
What kind of Drinks Can I Make with an Espresso Machine?
With an espresso machine, you have a lot more options than your standard coffee maker, with the ability to produce better tasting drinks than if you were simply mixing flavors into hot water.
- Classic espresso. As previously mentioned, an espresso is made by forcing steam through the coffee beans.
- Latte. A latte is the same thing as an espresso, but made with steamed milk instead of water. (About 50% steamed milk, 20% milk foam and 30% espresso).
- Cappuccino. A cappuccino is a type of espresso made with steamed, frothy milk. Flavoring such as cinnamon, cream or chocolate is usually added. (About 33% milk foam, 33% steamed milk and 33% espresso).
- Macchiato. A macchiato is an espresso drink with an addition of frothy steamed milk. (About 50% double shot espresso, 20% milk foam and 30% steamed milk).
The differences between all of these drinks might sound a bit confusing – it’s all about having different ratios of steamed milk, espresso and milk foam. Check out video for some tips on how to make different types of specialty coffee drinks. Look here for some recipes.
Top 3 Best Gaggia Accademia Reviews
1. Gaggia Anima Prestige Coffee Maker
I was in search of a high-quality coffee maker with customized, technologically advanced settings. I wanted a programmable machine that would allow me to get super creative and impress my friends and family. The Gaggia Anime Prestige provided that for me.
I chose the Gaggia Anime Prestige because it had the primary features I was looking for: push-button technology with multiple brewing options. I absolutely love frothy, milky drinks, so the integrated milk carafe had me sold.
I love that the Anima infuses the coffee grounds before making the espresso, which gives it a great flavor profile. The buttons on the machine are very clear and I like that it actually has all the words spelled out (I don’t like thinking too much in the mornings). The machine has a crazy amount of features – you can even set the aroma strength!
There’s just a couple things that are kind of annoying about the Anima. I have to remember to press the “clean” button after the cup is done. Also, the user manual isn’t very well-designed, so I’ve had to do a lot of trial and error. Overall, I recommend this coffee machine if you have a high budget and you want a really diverse coffee brewing experience.
- Two-year warranty
- Easy-to-read interface
- Great for specialty drinks
- Fairly expensive
- Poor user manual
2. Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine in Silver
I ended up purchasing the Brera because it was one of the most inexpensive automatic espresso machines I could find. Despite being a little bit “cheap”, it still has the ability to froth milky drinks, which makes all the difference for me.
I wish that the warranty was longer like some of the other Gaggia options, but given the price I understand. What I really like about this machine is that it’s pretty small (fits in my smaller-sized kitchen) and all the trays are really easy to access. The self-cleaning feature is a lifesaver.
I have to use smaller mugs for this brewer since it’s pretty short. Also, the water tank is quite small so I have to make multiple batches for parties (pretty uncommon, but still…). This machine isn’t that great for crema quality and you don’t get as many options as more expensive machines.
The Brera is really great if you want something you can just push while on the go. I wouldn’t really recommend it if you’re looking for something more complex and hands-on. Overall, an efficient money-saver that doesn’t take up very much room.
- Easy to use
- Gets the basics done
- Short dispenser
- Low quality crema
- Small water tank
The Best Automatic Espresso Machine Based on Gaggia Accademia Reviews
When considering Gaggia Accademia reviews from some of the most popular models of automatic espresso machines, it’s clear that the winner depends on your budget and functionality preferences. If you want something that’s cheap and makes decent espresso drinks, consider the Gaggia Brera Super if you don’t mind that it’s much smaller with less capabilities.
Overall, if your budget allows, go for the Gaggia Anima Prestige. It gives you lots of options and control for the best espresso production. With this machine, you can try out all the yummy espresso options from frothy lattes to energizing macchiato drinks. You’ll also get the convenience of one-touch technology and easy cleanup.
Coffee is more than just a popular beverage. It’s a comforting and motivating drink that can even offer health benefits as long as you drink in moderation. Don’t be afraid to spend a little extra for an automatic espresso machine if it’s something that will bring you happiness on a daily basis for years to come!