What Does Lamb Taste Like And How It Is Healthy For You?
Lamb meat is a mystery for many. Those who have eaten lamb meat are crazy about it, but those who haven’t are still curious about its taste.
Coincidentally, we are going to discuss this very question, i.e., what does lamb taste like? Is it like chicken, pork or beef, or does lamb has its own unique taste, this is what we are going to find out in this post.
Let me start by asking you that ‘are you a foodie? Do you like eating meat? Are you interested in eating any meat that is offered to you? Are you looking to try a healthier alternative to beef?
Are you planning to introduce a new type of meat in your diet? Well, if your answer to any of the above-asked questions is ‘YES’, then I would suggest you have lamb meat.
Why Should You Try Lamb Meat?
If you are bored with chicken dishes and don’t want to try beef because of its high-fat content, then lamb would be the perfect option for you. Lamb meat is not just a delicious meat, but it is one of the healthiest meat as well.
Lamb meat includes all the nutritional value that you would get from a red meat such as high quantity of iron and protein, but there are some other benefits as well that you would get from lamb heat, which you probably haven’t heard of like;
- Lowering risk of cancer: The presence of vitamin B, iron, choline and selenium in the lamb meat will help prevent the growth of cancer cells in your body. If you have already been detected with cancer, then having lamb meat will ensure that cancer cells don’t spread beyond the area that has already damaged. Besides cancer, the lamb meat is also effective in fighting inflammation as it contains a high amount of conjugated linoleic acid.
- Prevent or cure Anaemia: The deficiency of iron in the body is referred to as Anaemia. Since lamb meat contains a high quantity of iron, so having this meat will cure this ‘anemia’ problem. If you don’t have this problem, then you will never get it if you add lamb meat in your diet. Pregnant women who are anemic should definitely take lamb meat, otherwise, there are chances that their offsprings will also born with the same problem.
- Reduce the risk of a heart stroke: A heart stroke is as common as a heart attack, so the chances of getting a heart stroke can be reduced by having red meat. Just make sure that it is consumed in moderation. Excess of anything is bad and red meat is no exception. Why lamb meat helps reduce the chances of a heart stroke is simply because of the high potassium content. The quantity of sodium reduces in the body, therefore the chances of a heart stroke also get reduced. The problem of kidney stones will also be fixed with the intake of lamb meat.
- Boosting bone health: Lamb meat is acquired from lamb, which is a young animal. So, the calcium content in the meat would be very high. This is what is going to improve your bone density and health. If you are also not that old, then lamb meat is definitely going to provide that extra toughness to your bones.
What Does Lamb Taste Like?
Now, the big question appears again that what does lamb taste like. We have covered the health-related aspects of lamb meat, but do you want to eat a meat that tastes like rubber, no matter how beneficial it is for your health.
I’m sure your answer will be ‘No’, and it should be rightfully so because a meat has to taste well, otherwise there is no point in eating it. Fortunately, lamb meat tastes not just good, but great.
If you haven’t had a chance to eat lamb meat, then let us help you in knowing the actual taste of this meat.
Lamb, as we all know comes from young sheep that are 6 months to one year of age. This gives a meat that has an unmatched texture.
It will be firmer than chicken, but not as firmer as beef. The flavor of the lamb meat will be stronger and long-lasting.
Unlike most people description for lamb meat, I will not write the word ‘gamy’ because that’s not what lamb meat really taste like.
Lamb meat is full of flavor and juices. You can notice the strong flavor coming out of lamb meat when it is being prepared.
You will totally get indulged into lamb meat because of the pleasant flavor amalgamated with the softness and juiciness of the meat.
What Can Affect The Flavor Of Lamb Meat?
In my opinion, there are two things that can change the flavor of lamb meat.
- How the lamb was raised: The lamb who is grass-fed is going to taste a lot different than the one who was fed with grain. In different parts of the world, lambs are fed differently, and this can change the taste of the meat.
- The cooking style: How a lamb has been prepared is going to have a noticeable effect on the way it tastes. By preparation, I mean the method, not the ingredients.
A lamb that has been prepared on a grill is going to taste different than the lamb that was cooked in the oven or pan.
A lamb that is slow cooked is going to have a milder flavor with juicier texture, whereas a roasted lamb will have a stronger flavor and will also be chewy.
Lamb meat is a delicious, juicy and healthy meat, and you should definitely try it. It is just the matter of trying this meat once because then, you will be seen eating this meat all the time.
Lamb meat becomes even more delicious with mint, rosemary and other herbs that are known for their strong flavors. So, you can try using different herbs to extract the best flavor out of the lamb meat.