The Best Wheatgrass Juicer For Healthy Living
Wheatgrass juice is known for the numerous nutrients, vitamins, and health benefits it contains. Unfortunately, due to the fibrous nature of this plant, extracting those healthy juices isn’t always the easiest process. That’s why you need the best wheatgrass juicer, to obtain those benefits without wasting a drop.
*You can click links above to check the best price and customer's reviews on Amazon.com.
The Benefits of Wheatgrass Juice
Wheatgrass is believed to contain at least 98 of the natural elements found in the soil beneath our feet, including magnesium, calcium, zinc, and 19 amino acids, just to name a few. This plant also contains a huge amount of vitamins, protein and fiber, making it one of the healthiest foods you can consume in a day.
Along with the nutrients it contains, wheatgrass has a number health benefits, such as:
- Cancer prevention
- Skin treatments for sunburns, psoriasis, acne, eczema, etc
- Helping with weight loss
- Reducing blood disorders
- Cleansing the liver
- Stress and depression relief
- Arthritis treatment
- Reducing gray hair
- Help with digestive conditions, such as ulcers, heartburn, irritable bowel syndrome, and indigestion
- Lowering cholesterol
- A treatment for Alzheimer’s disease
- A natural deodorizer
- Increased libido and fertility
All of these vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and benefits can be found in just one shot of wheatgrass juice, which is the main reason why this process has become so popular. But you have to be careful when juicing the wheatgrass, because if you use the wrong juicer, you could actually destroy the healthy nutrients it contains.
It is also a good idea to grow your own wheatgrass to use in your juice. So many producers use inorganic soil, as well as chemicals or fertilizers to make it grow faster or prettier. If this is a concern for you, check out this video to learn the best and easiest way to grow your own wheatgrass.
How to Choose the Best Wheatgrass Juicer
When you have grown your grass and are ready to start juicing, you need to first buy the proper juicer for the job. For wheatgrass, just any juicer will not do. This is because of the wheatgrass’ tough fibres, which may not be handled well by a normal juicer.
Wheatgrass juicers tend to run at a lower speed than other juicers, which is good for two reasons. The first is that it will be able to gently squeeze the wheatgrass, removing the juice without clogging up from the fibers. If you crush the wheatgrass too quickly, it could also create more heat, which will then oxidize the nutrients, destroying the valuable benefits before you have a chance to ingest them.
You can choose a manual or an electric juicer for your wheatgrass. The manual is just like its name suggests, requiring you to turn the handle to crush the wheatgrass to remove the juice. These need a bit more strength from you, but allow you to take the pulp as it is pushed out of the juicer and reinsert it, to squeeze the most liquid out as possible. The drawback is that these types of juicers can’t always handle other types of produce.
Electric juicers are better suited for those who like to combine their fruits and vegetables when juicing, for added flavors and benefits. They are also an option for those who are not strong enough to use a manual juicer, due to some type of disability. The downside is that they are usually more expensive and not always an option for those with a lower budget.
How to Make Wheatgrass Juice
When you have your juicer and are ready to start on the road to a healthier life, keep these tips in mind to ensure you are making the best juice possible.
• Wash your wheatgrass first
• Cut it up into small pieces
• Only feed a little bit of wheatgrass in at a time
• Drink your wheatgrass juice as soon as possible after juicing to ensure you absorb the most nutrients
• If you don’t like the taste of it, mix your wheatgrass juice with a sweeter fruit to mask the flavor
Top 5 Best Wheatgrass Juicer (Our Reviews)
1. Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
Though the Omega juicer runs at a low speed of 80 RPM’s, it is still a speedy and efficient way to create healthy drinks. It has a dual stage process, first crushing the fruits and veggies inserted into it, and then squeezing the pulp to ensure every drop is removed, saving you time and money in every glass.
This process also reduces the froth and foam creating by faster spinning juicers, which will prevent oxidation and allow you to store the juice for up to 72 hours. This juicer uses a GE Ultem Auger, which is about 8 times stronger than many other plastics used in other juicers.
It is also more versatile than other models, allowing you to make all-natural nut butters, baby food, soy milk, frozen desserts, homemade pastas, grind coffee or spices, mince herbs for your meals.
- The multi-use function means you may not need to purchase a blender or food processer, which could save you money over time
- With only 4 parts, this juicer is easy to dissemble for cleaning and then reassemble afterwards
- This juicer is rather quiet, especially if placed on a towel while juicing
- The pulp left in the machine is dry, showing you that the juicer really has extracted every drop of juice possible
- The chute is small, requiring extra cutting of the fruits and vegetables you’re using
- The cup is a bit small if making juice for more than 1 person
- A bit expensive at $290.00
2. Omega J8004 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer
Unlike other juicers that rotate at anywhere from 1650 to 15,000 RPM’s, the Omega J8004 has a much slower speed of only 80 RPM’s. This feature helps to protect the healthy enzymes in your foods, extract the most vitamins and nutrients possible, and give you a better tasting juice for your money. The low speed also keeps the juicer from over-heating or clogging.
Along with making delicious fruit and vegetable juices, this juicer comes with attachments that allow you to make a variety of other food items, from healthy, natural baby food to nut butters to homemade pasta. The dual stage processer can remove the maximum amount of juice possible from fruit, leafy greens and other vegetables, and especially wheatgrass. Not only is the J8004 easy to use, it is also simple to clean, with only a few parts to disassemble.
- It is cheaper than other juicers at $240.00
- This juicer can be used to make healthy juices for those with health issues
- The juicer’s motor is fairly quiet, so you won’t need to shout over it to have a conversation
- The feed tube is a bit small, requiring more cutting time to produce smaller pieces that will fit
- There have been some issues with the auger loosening and rubbing pieces of plastic off the machine, which then goes into your juice
- Though this juicer claims to be for commercial use, the slow speed and small capacity isn’t enough for commercial use
3. Black & Decker JE2200B 400 Watt Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor
With 400 watts of power running the motor, crushing your fruits and veggies will be quick and easy. The stainless steel blade cuts through even the thickest chunks of produce, and the high quality strainer makes sure only the juice goes into the cup. There is an integrated pulp collector that holds 28 ounces of discarded materials, allowing you to choose the amount of pulp you want in your juice.
The 300 ml pitcher collects the extracted juice and has a handy spout for serving the family or for pouring into a larger pitcher. This juicer is easy to take apart for cleaning, and many of the disassembled parts are dishwasher friendly. For the safety conscious users, the easy on/off switch and dual safety lock mechanism will give you the peace of mind you need from your appliances.
- At less than $40.00, this juicer is a great option for those on a budget
- You can usually clean this juicer with a simple rinse, except for the screen, which may require the use of a sponge or brush as well
- This juicer is quite compact, taking up very little space on your counter
- The feed chute ends close enough to the cutting blade to reduce wasted produce, saving you money and time in the long run
- Some foods, such as wheatgrass, must be run through the juicer multiple times to extract the full amount of juice
- Produce must be cut quite small to fit in the opening
4. Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane Stainless Steel Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
This manual wheatgrass juicer is made of stainless steel, so it is rust-proof as well as durable. There are only a few parts, so it is easy to put together right out of the box, and when you’re finished using it, you can take it apart and put the components right into the dishwasher. This sturdy juicer is made to be mounted to your countertop, reducing the risk of it vibrating itself right onto the floor during use.
Along with wheatgrass, this juicer is also great for barleygrass, giving you a few healthy juice options to choose from. At only 6 lbs, the Hurricane juicer can also travel with you when camping or on a road trip with your friends. Best of all, this juicer can provide you with an ounce of juice every minute, so there is little time wasted to get your daily dose of wheatgrass juice.
- This manual juicer is low-tech and easy to use, even for beginners
- Because there is no motor on this juicer, it is better for the environment
- Cleanup is quick and easy
- This is strictly a wheatgrass juicer and cannot be used for fruits and vegetables
- This juicer doesn’t separate the pulp from the juice
- The pulp needs to be run through multiple times to extricate the full amount of juice
- It can only be used with a very short bowl or cup
- Only fits countertops that are a maximum of 2 ¼ inches high
5. Lexen GP27 Original Healthy Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
With both a suction cup base and a table clamp, the Healthy Juicer is easy to use almost anywhere, so you never have to worry about missing out on your daily dose of veggies, even when you’re on the road. The end cap, grinding plate, and table clamp are stainless steel, which reduces the risk of rust in your juicer. There is no screen to clean after use and this juicer only has 3 parts to disassemble when you are finished making your healthy juice.
Cleaning is simple, with only a bit of soap and warm water, and it takes only seconds to put it all back together. Because it is a manual juicer, it has the added benefit of being healthier for the environment. Lexen is so confident in this juicer that they even offer a return policy that allows you a full refund if you’re unhappy with it.
- This juicer has a low price of about $60.00, so it is a good option for those on a budget
- Though mainly for use with wheatgrass and leafy greens, this juicer can also be used for small-cut fruits and veggies
- Because there is no heat involved, the healthy enzymes in your wheatgrass or other veggies remain intact
- The plastic body has been known to crack if under too much pressure
- It can’t be secured to a counter with a lip or raised edge
- Because the juice must go through the entire machine to reach the spout, there have been issues with leakage
Despite its high price, the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer is the best wheatgrass juicer of the 5 reviewed here. Its low speed and gentle masticating of the produce preserves the nutrients in the wheatgrass and other items you put through the machine. It is also easier to use than the manual models, especially for those with disabilities. The chrome body and high quality auger perform well, reducing any issues with damage that the weaker plastic of some of the other juicers may suffer from. The versatility is also handy, for those who want to go beyond wheatgrass juice and need their juicer to keep up with their experiments in the kitchen.