Falling in Love With Cooking: The Best Titanium Cookware Reviews
Decent cookware is an important part of your kitchen, since you can’t make a great hot meal without it. Reading Titanium cookware reviews is a necessity, to help you figure out which cookware will meet your needs in the kitchen and prevent you from constantly replacing it every year.
Comparison Table - Best Titanium Cookware Reviews
4.8 / 5
4.5 / 5
4.6 / 5
4.8 / 5
4.5 / 5
4.8 / 5
5.0 / 5
4.4 / 5
4.7 / 5
5.0 / 5
1. Gotham Steel 9953 Non-Stick Titanium 12.5” Brown Frying Pan
This aluminum based pan has a Ti-Cerama coating, which combines Titanium and Ceramic to resist scratching while ensuring a quality non-stick interior. It can even be used with metal utensils without damaging the inside or ruining the non-stick feature.
With a diameter of 12.5” and a depth of 2.2”, you can cook a meal for the whole family using this pan. It is even safe to use in the oven in temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
Unlike some other pans, this one is 100% PFOA-, PTFE-, and PFOS-free, so safety when using it will never be a concern. High heat is also not an issue with this pan, giving you the ability to sear steaks to hold in the juices.
Cleanup is quick and easy, even with something as sticky as burned cheese. Rust-proofing over the entire pan keep it looking great through years of use.
- The pan is decently priced at less than $30.00
- Because it is non-stick, cleanup is hassle-free with just a bit of soap and warm water
- It makes cooking healthy easy, since no butter or oil is needed when cooking on low or medium heat (as recommended)
- The pan’s size makes it easy to cook for more than one person
- There have been some issues with some foods, such as eggs, sticking, but this could be due to using a higher heat than is recommended, or not seasoning the pan properly first
2. T-Fal C085SC74 Opticook Titanium Non-stick 12-Piece Black Cookware Set
T-Fal’s 12-piece Opticook set comes with a variety of cookware, including an 8” frying pan, an 11” frying pan and lid, a 1 quart sauce pan and lid, a 2 quart sauce pan and lid, a 5-quart Dutch oven and lid, a stainless steel flower steamer, a nylon slotted spatula, and a nylon spoon.
All of the pans come with the Thermo-Spot in the center, to indicate when it is preheated enough to cook with. A Titanium reinforced coating keeps your food from sticking in any of this cookware and even makes it easy to clean up your pans when you’re done.
For added convenience, you can place every piece in this set in the dishwasher, and they are all oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. With this set, you will have everything you need to make a hearty meal for your family, or just a simple one for yourself.
- This set has a very low price of about $65.00, making it a great option for those looking for quality cookware on a budget
- The lids are all vented to prevent the contents of the pots and pans from boiling over
- These pans are all PFOA free
- Though rather lightweight, these pans are durable enough to last for years
- Though they are labelled dishwasher safe, there have been some issues with the finish wearing off after washing them this way.
- Can’t be used with an induction stove
3. T-Fal C03782 OptiCook Jumbo Hard-Anodized 5-Quart Sauté Pan
This large 5-quart sauté pan is reinforced with high-strength, scratch resistant Titanium for an extra strong cooking surface. In the center of the pan’s flat bottom is T-Fal’s unique Thermo-Spot, which tells you when the pan has preheated enough to begin cooking with.
The hard-anodized exterior of this huge pan is extra-strong and can withstand oven temperatures up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Anti-warping technology also keeps this pan flat on the bottom, so it never loses contact with your stove’s surface.
The handles are soft and ergonomically designed to make holding them during cooking more comfortable, whether only for a few minutes or for hours in front of the stove.
With a 12” diameter and a depth of 2.75”, you can use this pan for anything you plan to cook. A clear glass lid is also included with the pan, with a durable handle and a small steam vent on top.
- This pan is very well made, with durable metals and anti-warping materials
- Non-stick coating makes it easy to cook and to clean, with very little soaking needed
- The large capacity allows you to cook for multiple people at once
- The center indicator keeps you from using it before it is hot enough
- Everything you put in this pan cooks evenly
- It is a bit expensive at about $43.00
- Must be hand-washed, but this is typical for most non-stick pans
- Not meant for use with an induction stove
4. Woll Diamond Plus/Diamond Lite 10-Piece Cookware Set
A premium cookware brand, Woll Diamond is best suited for those who are extremely passionate about cooking. The cookware set we are discussing here is quite expensive, and the reason behind that is the use of a highly advanced technology. This cookware set is as durable as it gets, and the inclusion of diamond crystals check marks that ‘elegance’ factor as well.
There is no need to worry about dents, cracks or warp in this cookware, as it is made from forged cast aluminum and incorporates a hand cast technology. The use of diamond crystals in the base and final coating makes this cookware set literally unbreakable.
This cookware set is oven safe, so you can use it in a microwave oven up to 500 Degree Fahrenheit. Interior of this cookware set is scratch resistant and is easy to clean. The company has left no stone unturned to make this cookware set beautiful. From ergonomic handles to elegant glass lids, everything is just eye-pleasing.
- Made in Germany product and incorporates latest German technology as well.
- Weighs heavier than most cookware sets.
- Sturdier and durable.
- Smooth interior with no rivets on the inside.
- Very expensive for a cookware set.
- There is nothing mentioned about this cookware set being PTFE-free, which can create second thoughts in the minds of health conscious buyers.
5. Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware, Set, 11-Piece
Check out this piece of beauty. You will love cooking in this cookware set, as it is constructed with a heavy-gauge aluminum that ensures uniform heating. The company has hard-anodized this cookware set to make it more durable.
The interior of the cookware set comprises of three layers of non-stick coating out of which, two layers ensures durability and third layer provides easy removal of the food from the surface of the cookware set.
No matter how hot the pan gets, you will still be able to carry the pan and pour down the food onto the plates, as the stainless steel handles that this cookware set has to stay cool on the stovetop.
No need to worry about denting, warping and cracking of the surface, as this cookware set is going to remain just as new for a long period of time. You can use this cookware set in a microwave oven and also wash it in a dishwasher.
- Fast and even conduction of heat.
- Can be used with a microwave oven.
- For easy cleaning, you can add it to a dishwasher.
- Food doesn’t get stuck on the surface of the pan.
- Doesn’t crack or warp easily.
- Difficult to clean handles as they are riveted.
6. Cuisinart Chef's Classic Non-Stick Hard Anodized, 17 Piece Set
Tough on looks and efficient in cooking, this is what defines this amazing cookware set. Hard anodized construction makes this cookware set even harder than stainless steel. So, you don’t have to worry about cracks or dents. The middle layer of the cookware set comprises of the pure aluminum core that conducts heat better than any other metal. The coating of Quantanium in the interior of the cookware set provides arguably the best non-stick layer to it.
Ergonomic handles made from cast stainless steel offers good grip, plus they stay cool as well. Break-resistant glass with the combination of stainless steel rims ensures accident-free cooking. You can cook food with this cookware set in a microwave oven, but when it comes to using it on an induction cooktop, then you will have to avoid it.
- You only get only the essential items in a 17-piece cookware set.
- Handles remain cool while on the stove, thus making it easy for you to lift the cookware up.
- Food doesn’t get stuck on the surface of the pan, thus ensuring easy cleaning.
- Microwave safe cookware set.
- Non-stick surface starts to peel and become sticky after a year or so.
- Not dishwasher safe.3. Medium pot, i.e., 4 or 6-quart pot is missing.
7. Calphalon 12 Piece Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware Set
This is another hard anodized cookware set, therefore, you can’t question its durability. The constructions consist of a medium-gauge aluminum that ensures quick and even heating.
The presence of ergonomic handles with silicone coating keep handles cool even when the cookware is on the stove. Cooking food with less fat is possible and when it comes to cleaning, that’s quite easy too.
Want to cook in your microwave oven? You can certainly do with this cookware set. Moreover, you can see the food being cooked inside the pan with tempered glass lids. Elegant, efficient and durable, these are what define this amazing cookware set.
- Very sturdy and durable.
- Microwave oven safe.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Food can be cleaned easily from the surface of the pan.
- The light weight of this cookware set creates doubts in the minds of the people regarding its efficiency.
- The non-stick coating comes off on tiny flakes after a few uses.
8. T-Fal E765SC Ultimate Hard-Anodized 12-Piece Gray Cookware Set
This PFOA-free cookware set includes everything you’ll need to make every one of your family’s favorite meals.
The set includes 8” and a 10.25” frying pans, a 5.6-quart Dutch oven and lid, 3 sauce pans sized 1.1-quart, 2.3-quarts, and 3.2-quarts, all with lids, a nylon spoon and a slotted spoon.
The fry pans all have T-Fal’s Thermo-Spot heat indicator, which tells you when the frying pans are properly preheated and ready to use. Warp-resistant bases keeps this cookware flat on the bottom, giving you thorough and even heating for every meal.
Titanium reinforced non-stick interiors allow you to cook without excessive amounts of oil, so you can cook healthier than ever before. The hard-anodized aluminum resists scratches, so they should last for years.
The riveted silicone handles stay cool while you’re cooking. This cookware is all oven safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Everything in this set is also dishwasher safe, so cleanup will be a breeze.
- Decently priced at about $92.00, especially considering the quality and durability of the items in this set
- Non-stick on interior and exterior makes cleaning fast and easy
- The hard-anodized finish resists scratching, even when used with metal utensils
- You can’t cook with these pans on high heat since this could ruin the non-stick coating
- Not recommended for use with induction stoves
- The bottoms of this cookware is a bit slippery, and can slide off the burners when cooking if you aren’t holding the handle when stirring
9. T-Fal E91898 Ultimate Hard-Anodized 12” Sauté Pan
Like T-Fal’s other pans, this one comes with the ThermoSpot heat indicator, which turns a solid red when the pan is perfectly preheated and ready to go.
The 12” wide interior is covered with hard, non-stick Titanium, which offers a healthy alternative to those who prefer to cook with as little oil and butter as possible.
The base of this pan is hard-anodized aluminum, which is durable and strong, resisting scratches through years of use. A TechnoResist anti-warp base keeps this pan flat on your stove for even heating.
Riveted silicone handles are comfortable to hold when stirring and stay cool no matter how long your cookware stays on the hot burner. This pan and the included lid are both dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
The pan can also be used in the oven in temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, though the lid can only withstand 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This pan and lid combo is fairly priced at about $30.00
- It is PFOA-, Lead-, and Cadmium-free, making it a good option for the health-conscious
- The pan is large enough to cook multiple pieces of meat for feeding a few people at once
- The non-stick coating is strong enough to use with all types of utensils, including metal
- Some of these pans have warped, despite the anti-warp claim, but this could be due to cooking on higher temperatures than the pan is meant for
- Doesn’t work with induction stoves
10. Circulon Symmetry Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Cookware Set
There is nothing more that you could wish for when you have this cookware set in your possession. There are two versions of this cookware set available on the market, 9-piece set and 11-piece set. If you opt for a 9-piece set, then you will have to forgo an 8.5-inch skillet and 1-quart saucepan, both of which can come quite handy in my opinion. So, 11-piece cookware set is what you should go for.
When having this cookware set at your disposal, you don’t have to worry about warp or dents, as this cookware set is made from heavy gauge anodized aluminum. When it comes to conducting heat and spreading it evenly onto the entire surface, there is no cookware set who does better than this one. The base of this cookware set is coated with an impact bonded stainless steel, which makes it suitable for induction stovetops.
Cleaning this cookware is a child’s play. This cookware set uses TOTAL Food Release System and an advanced three layer nonstick coating from DuPont that reduces surface abrasion. Food will not get stuck on the pan and can be cleaned quite easily.
- No scrubbing or soaking required to clean up the food from the pan.
- Base made from impact bonded stainless steel offers good weight and even heating, thus ensuring no burning of food.
- Pans look sturdy and truly are.
- The graceful tulip shape of this cookware set adds to the aesthetic appeal of the kitchen.
- This cookware set is a lot more expensive than most cookware sets that are available on the market.
- Some people have complained about coating getting flaked after a short period of time.
What is Titanium Cookware?
Though many pans claim to be made of Titanium, it is usually not the only metal included in the manufacturing process. Most pans actually use an aluminum base, due to the even heating this metal produces during cooking.
The Titanium is usually only used in the non-stick coating, because it is lightweight, yet durable enough to resist scratching during cooking. The Titanium is also non-porous, so there will be no issues with the aluminum leaching through the metal and contaminating your food.
Because Titanium is non-stick, you should never have to scrape food off the interior of the pan while cooking. Cleaning it afterwards is also extremely easy, since most times a quick wipe of the pan with a soft cloth or a paper towel and a bit of water is all that’s needed.
The Benefits of Using Titanium Cookware
There are numerous benefits to using Titanium cookware in your kitchen, because of the properties and features this metal has, including:
- The fact that Titanium is extremely lightweight, making it a great option for those who have arthritis or other weaknesses in their hands and wrists.
- It is quite durable, resisting scratches when used in cooking, even if you choose to use metal utensils.
- This metal is also acid-resistant and is difficult to corrode, since it creates its own layer of titanium oxide that gets stronger over time. This film will even help the titanium to heal any scratches it does incur.
- Even if scratched with knives, the performance and non-stick features of these pans will not be affected.
- Since the non-stick coating is so durable, you will never need to use oil or butter with them, so you can choose to cook healthier meals for you and your family.
- Cleaning these pans is stress-free, since it can be done with a bit of soap, warm water, and a soft cloth or sponge. Some even find that a piece of damp paper towel wipes any leftover residue from this type of cookware.
- Because of the durability of the non-stick Titanium coating, some brands even have the option of washing them in the dishwasher.
- When used with an aluminum base, the non-porous coating of Titanium will keep the base metal from touching your food, reducing any contamination.
- Most Titanium-reinforced cookware is safe to use in your kitchen since it can be made free of PFOA, PTFE, PFOS, cadmium, lead, nickel, and other harmful materials found in other non-stick coatings.
- You shouldn’t have to season this type of pan as you would with cast iron, but some brands still recommend it for the best performance. Because not every pan is like this, you have the choice of which one you’d like to use, seasoned or not.
Maintaining Your Titanium Cookware
Though your Titanium cookware is durable and strong, you still need to look after it correctly. It is always a good idea to read the instructions on how to use and care for your cookware and to read any Titanium cookware reviews for your pan. This will help you to learn what not to do.
What temperature to cook at is an important detail to remember when using Titanium reinforced cookware. Since cooking at high heat can damage the non-stick coating, it is best to use low to medium heat at all times.
How to properly clean it can be seen in this cooking guide by head chef Tim Holiday. This is the best and safest way to do it, even if your cookware states that it can be used in the dishwasher.
Keep in mind that though he states not to use your cookware in the oven, some pieces are rated for this type of use up to a certain temperature, which is another good reason to read the instructions before use.
Though all of the products listed in our Titanium cookware reviews are high quality items that should last a long time, the T-Fal C085SC74 Opticook Titanium Non-stick 12-Piece Black Cookware Set is the best of the bunch.
The first reason is the fact that it comes with everything you need to make a decent meal for your family or friends, including multiple fry pans and sauce pans, most of which come with lids, as well as an additional steamer and a couple of utensils.
The price is another feature that makes this set the top rated on our list, since you get the entire 12-piece set for the same price as you would pay for two of the other pans bought separately.
The quality and durability of this set also makes it a great option for those who don’t like to replace their cookware more than necessary.
If you want added convenience, this set of cookware is also dishwasher safe, though hand-washing them is better for the non-stick surfaces.