Interested To Know The Best Single Cup Coffee Maker?
For many, a perfect start to the morning begins with a cup of coffee. A single cup of coffee is what most people need to get going for the entire day.
For this purpose, they have the best single cup coffee maker at home, which allows them to have a rich and creamy cup of coffee whenever they want.
Therefore, a single cup coffee maker fulfills all main parameters that people look for in the first place, i.e., speed, quality, and pricing.
Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System
Hamilton Beach 49981 Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker
BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer
Mr. Coffee BVMC-KG6-001 Single Serve Coffee Brewer
*You can click links above to check the best price and customer's reviews on Amazon.
What Is A Single-Cup Coffee Maker?
A single-cup coffee maker is a machine that is designed in such a way that you can only get one cup of coffee at a time.
This type of a machine is ideal for those people who crave for a cup of coffee multiple times a day. A single-cup coffee maker can be categorized into three types, which are;
- Single-cup coffee makers, which are smaller versions of traditional drip coffee makers. The functionality of this type of machines is similar to what you would see in most home brewing systems. The process starts with grinding the coffee, then put a filter in the machine followed by adding the coffee and finally, pushing the button to make a cup of coffee. The function is exactly the same as that of a drip machine.
- The second category includes both coffee machines and patented cups of pre-packaged ground coffee that is packed in a vacuum-sealed container having nitrogen in it to prevent oxidation. The pod is pierced from the top and bottom in order to initiate the process of making coffee. With the push of a button, the water gets pumped into the reservoir from the tank. After the water reaches the optimal temperature, it is pushed through the pod and further into the coffee mug.
- The third category of single-cup coffee maker creates a stronger, espresso-style brew, which is more concentrated. These coffee makers pump out espresso shots topped with a frothy layer of crema. You can enjoy only the shots or you can use the shots to make espressos, lattes, and cappuccinos.
Who Needs A Single Cup Coffee Maker?
The reason that single-cup coffee makers came into inception is simply due to the fact that these were reliable machines that use pods to prepare a rich and creamy cup of coffee every time.
These machines offer a mammoth selection of beverages, i.e., over 200 coffees, hot chocolates, and teas.
There is no need to have paper filters and bean scooping in this machines. When it comes to cleaning this machines, it is also quite easy.
The technology that has been incorporated into these machines doesn’t require you to assume water-to-coffee ratio. You just need to pop in the pod, press the button and enjoy your coffee.
Brewing one cup of coffee at a time will ensure that the mug you are drinking is absolutely fresh.
In a single-cup coffee maker, the chances of coffee becoming stale and ill-favoured are less because it will make a single cup of coffee, which will be consumed by only one person.
What Things To Look For When Buying A Single-Cup Coffee Maker?
There are several parameters that need to be paid attention to when buying a single-cup coffee maker. These are;
The features you need in a single-cup coffee maker depends on the type of coffee you wish to make on a daily basis.
If your favorite coffee is espresso, then you need an espresso maker, and the same goes for cappuccino or latte. It is important for you to understand that all coffee makers are not same.
Every company has its own set of features, so you will have to go through the brands and their respective models before deciding on a particular single-cup coffee maker.
The general assumption among people regarding single-cup coffee makers is that they all have a similar kind of size.
Well, that’s not true, as some machines take more counter space than others, so you will have to take a good look at the size of the coffee maker that you have selected because if it has a large size, then your kitchen will look clumsy.
It is not just the dimensions that you should be checking, but the design of the machine as well. How does the machine look? Will it add to the aesthetic appeal of the kitchen or not?
These are some questions that you should try to find answers for when looking at a single-cup coffee maker. You will find all types of models, from sleek, elegant and impressive to antiquated, bulky and cheap.
There isn’t any parameter to evaluate aesthetics of a single-cup coffee maker, but it is up to you to decide as to which model of coffee maker matches the best with your kitchen.
Getting the best single cup coffee maker at an affordable price is your main motive, right? Well, you should thank God for living in this world where you can choose products from a wide range of options.
Single cup coffee makers are available at different price range, so if you are looking for a budget product, then you can easily get dozens of options on the market, and if you want to add a premium single cup coffee maker in your kitchen, even then, you have an abundance of options to choose from.
It is also suggested to not just pay attention to the cost of the product, but the cost of operation as well because if the product’s cost is less, but the power consumption of the machine is high, then you will have to bear hefty electricity bills.
If the product’s cost is medium or high and the power consumption is less, then you will recover the product’s cost within a matter of a few months.
Top 5 Best Single Cup Coffee Makers
1. Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System
If your main motive is to enjoy a freshly brewed coffee day after day, then this is the coffee maker that you should be buying. You get to choose from three brewing sizes, which are; small (6 ounces), medium (8 ounces) and large (10 ounces).
The machine incorporates a Quiet Brew Technology that allows smooth and soundless operation. Features like auto power turn off after a couple of hours, new carbon filter and removable drip tray puts this machine into the category of premium coffee makers.
- Compatible with any brand of K-cups.
- You can ground your own tea or coffee.
- Can prepare multiple types of beverages including different types of coffee, tea, hot chocolate and iced drinks.
- Quite large water reservoir for a single coffee making operation.
- Quick heating time.
- Contains a separate water filter.
- The operation is clean and mess-free.
- The machine needs regular cleaning, both internally and externally.
- No option to change brew strength.
2. Hamilton Beach 49981 Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker
This coffee maker is unique in its own way. It neither requires pods nor does it require K-cups. In this coffee maker, you will find a mesh scoop filter, which allows you to grind different types of coffee.
There is also an option to choose between regular coffee or ‘bold brewing’ version of coffee. This machine gives you a complete freedom in terms of selecting your own coffee flavor, cup size, and brew strength.
You just have to follow a 3-step procedure, i.e., scoop, place, and brew. The design of this coffee maker is better from many models in the same price range, and the use of stainless steel takes the game away from others.
- Stainless steel design makes it look durable.
- Affordable coffee maker. Running cost is also low.
- Options to make regular or bold coffee.
- Can accommodate short to tall coffee mugs.
- Easy cleaning and doesn’t require any paper filter.
- You have to adjust settings multiple time before you can get the desired taste.
- The machine takes more time to clean than coffee makers that use pods or K-cups.
3. Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker
If you are looking a mess-free and fuss-free way of making a cup of espresso or Americano, then this coffee maker is ideal for you.
Though, you have to strictly stick with Nespresso capsules to brew coffee, which is a bit of a drawback in my opinion. Yet, there are many capsules available in Nespresso, so you won’t be left disappointed.
To make a cup of espresso, you need to place the pod and push the brew button. If you push the button again and add more water into the cup, then you get an Americano style coffee.
Heat up time of the machine is around 30 seconds, which is faster than most single-cup coffee makers.
The reason behind this fast heating time is the presence of ‘Thermo block heating element’ in the machine. Auto shut off after 9 minutes of no activity is a nice feature to have.
- Compact and sleek design.
- Fast heating time (25-30 seconds).
- Programmable brewing feature is available.
- The user-friendly machine makes less mess while brewing coffee.
- Auto-shut feature saves a lot of power.
- Used capsules are automatically ejected into the holder that is present inside the machine.
- Noisy operation.
- Most expensive model among all single-cup coffee makers.
4. BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer
As most coffee makers of this company are of commercial use, the design of this particular coffee maker will give the same feel.
You can easily brew K-cups, tea bags and pods, ground coffee, loose tea and more. The machine looks durable and the functionality seems to be highly user-friendly.
If you are looking to enjoy a flavour-rich cup of coffee without experiencing the bitterness, then this is the model that you should probably buy.
This coffee maker doesn’t come with a water reservoir, so you will have to add water whenever you want to have a cup of coffee.
Having no water reservoir is also a nice feature, as you can get a coffee that is made up from fresh water.
- The machine has four separate drawers for brewing. You can brew from pods to K-cups, freshly ground coffee to tea pods. Dispensing hot water is also possible.
- If you are not satisfied with the flavor, then you can select ‘Pulse Brew option’ for extra-strong coffee.
- Heating speed is quick and prepares a fully-flavoured coffee or tea each time.
- The machine is compact and durable.
- There isn’t any on/off button or power saving button.
- In order to use 4 drawers, you will need some additional storage.
5. Mr. Coffee BVMC-KG6-001 Single Serve Coffee Brewer
This machine is durable, efficient and least expensive. It uses Keurig K-Cups to make coffee, hot chocolate, tea and more.
This machine is coming from a brand like Mr. Coffee with the inclusion of Keurig Brewed Technology, which is only available in Keurig models with an exception of this one.
You can use a reusable K-cup filter with this machine, which allows users to brew own ground coffee and tea. This machine also has three size selection, i.e., 6 oz., 8 oz., and 10 oz.
The water can be pre-heated as soon as the machine is plugged into the main power supply. This allows you to have a brewed coffee almost instantly.
- Solid design and looks quite elegant.
- Compatible with My K-Cup reusable filter.
- Work with three brew size options.
- User-friendly machine and easy to clean.
- Auto shut-off after two hours.
- No option to adjust brew strength.
- Not that durable.
The single cup coffee maker is quite efficient when it comes to making one great cup of coffee.From the above-mentioned reviews, you can clearly find that all these models have a lot of exclusive features, and as a result, the decision to buy the best single cup coffee maker becomes even more difficult.
You have to match these models with your requirements and the one that is suiting you the best is the one you should go for. This is the easiest approach to buy the best single cup coffee maker.